The High Point Showroom Association is a non-profit, membership-based organization whose members and partners share an interest in establishing High Point as an invaluable resource for the design trade throughout the year. Annual membership dues are used to administer and market our organization and plan special events to engage the design community.
We, at the High Point Showroom Association, welcome and encourage new membership, both showrooms and industry partners, to enhance our offering to designers and to help you grow your business. Our members and partners enjoy a long list of benefits, some of which are outlined below.
- Listing on the High Point Showroom Association web site visited by thousands of designers every month.
- Immediate access to our proprietary list of ongoing registered designers for your own marketing and business development purposes.
- Participation in Designer Day, every 2nd Wednesday, and larger quarterly events as planned (our 2 day Unity for Design Event and Designer Appreciation)
- Referrals and networking opportunities shared among membership
- Design and manage your own page that has a direct link to your website with images, promotions, contact information and directions to your showroom
- Mentoring experience offered to all new members
- Opportunities to maximize sales volumes between design/small boutique community
- To attend general membership meetings held on the first Wednesday of every month at 8:30am
- The 2nd Wednesday of each month (excluding market months and July) is designated for all of our members to be open and staffed
- Participation in all planned events
- To generate the buzz for your showroom for all planned events including 2nd Wednesday
- Promoting your showroom as well as the entire organization on a year-round basis
- Follow, like, tag pictures and use hashtags on social media to help promote the group as a whole
The High Point Showroom Association Foundation was created and incorporated with the talent of the future in mind. This foundation host a student design competition, Unity in Style, that was established for residential interior design students.
We provide a virtual space to be designed by the student entrants using exclusive product from at least 30 of our member showrooms. Winners are selected by a team of designers and industry professionals.
Scholarships are awarded to the three winners and all entry boards are on display at the Awards Reception. We include students in our designer events and encourage them to participate and network with designers.
We work closely with all design professional organizations and take part in trade shows, chapter meetings, events and hosted parties. We maintain a membership at the String and Splinter which allows showroom managers to take or send designers to a nice near-by facility where you can treat yourself for a Dutch lunch.
We work closely with hotels to provide designer discounts for off-market visits to High Point. The High Point CVB assists us with our events, often provides grant funding and advises us along the way.
The Chamber of Commerce supports our efforts and the Bienenstock Furniture Library often offers their help and participates in our activities when possible. Industry partners such as Huffman Paint and our White Glove Delivery services assist in everything from inspiration to installation!
Attendance at monthly membership meetings is critical to knowing what our organization is doing. It is a wonderful opportunity to build comradery and become familiar with all products offered throughout our association so referrals and suggestions can be made to meet a designers specific need.
When designers express a specific need for product, their inquiry is shared with all members for response, so you are always being introduced to new interior design contacts. Our interior designers continue to tell us that the more information our showroom managers can share about other members the more enjoyable and easier their experience.
While hosting membership meetings is an ideal opportunity to introduce your product to our members; attending all events not only continues our internal network opportunities but introduces you to new designers who are also in attendance.